What is Shared Education?
The Department of Education are committed to a process of encouraging schools across Northern Ireland to partner together more systematically.
The goals of developing these partnerships include:
- Improving the standards of achievement of all our pupils;
- Increasing the skills of staff in partnering schools;
- Enhancing the use of resources of the schools involved;
- Helping children develop more friendships across the community;
- Empowering all stakeholders to be able to embrace diversity;
- Impacting community relations now and in the future.
In August 2018 Millennium Integrated Primary School & Carr Primary School were delighted to receive funding for Shared Education for a three-year period.
The Shared Education Programme will commence with our P3, P5 and P7 classes and will focus on developing ICT and STEM.